The Federal Government has approved the establishment of six new private universities in the country.
The decision was reached at a meeting of the Federal Executive Council held on Wednesday at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
According to the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, who briefed State House correspondents at the end of meeting which was presided over by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, the newly approved private include:
- Admiralty University, Ibusa, Delta State
- Spiritan University, Nneochi, Abia
- Precious Cornerstone University, Ibadan
- Pamo University of Medical Sciences, Port Harcourt
- Atiba University, Oyo State
- Eko University of Medical and Health Sciences, Lagos
President Muhammadu Buhari is currently on an official visit to Kano State.