Former PDP presidential campaign spokesman, Femi Fani-Kayode as described as “old and fake”, a photo of President Muhammadu Buhari in lunch with some All Progressives Congress governors and leaders.
The photo which emerged on Sunday was said to have been taken in Abuja House in London where the President is presently on an indefinite medical vacation.
Presidential spokesman, Femi Adesina, in a statement after the photo was released, said: “In a telephone conversation following the meeting of All Progressives Congress (APC) governors and leaders with President Muhammadu Buhari in London Sunday, Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, said the President was very cheerful and has not lost any bit of his sense of humour.
“The governor said the party delegation spent more than an hour with President Buhari over lunch, and it was very clear from the discussions that he followed developments at home very closely”
But in a Facebook post Monday afternoon, Fani-Kayode wrote: “The picture of a handful of APC Governors and President Muhammadu Buhari, which was purportedly taken in London yesterday, is old and fake”
He said he has been “reliably informed that they were taken during Ramadan in Abuja some time back and not yesterday in London”.
Below are some off the points he raised to support his claim that the photo was not taken on Sunday and that it was “a puerile and nauseating conspiracy”:
- “Quite apart from that even though the picture was meant to have been taken in London curiously all the drinks on the table are Nigerian products and Nigerian-made”
- “Did the Governors take all those drinks along with them to London when they went to see the President?”
- “Is Buhari not coming home again anytime soon? Acting President Yemi Osinbajo and some government officials recently told us that he would be back on the 28th of July which is just a few days away”
- “Why the need for the APC Governors to “visit” him in far away London if he will be back in Nigeria in a few days?”
- Why were the Nigerian and foreign media not allowed to cover the proceedings and participate in this celebrated photo-soot and merry London feast?
- Why did the Villa press corps not take one of their own camera men to London and make a short video of this “historic” event?
- Why were the whole proceedings shrouded in so much secrecy? Why is it that only one picture was taken? Why were more pictures not shot?
- Why was Buhari not put on audio tape and interviewed whilst he was with his celebrated and important guests?
- Why did he not offer a few words of hope and encouragement to the Nigerian people to ease the tension that has been generated in the land by his prolonged absence?
- Why did Buhari not shake anyone’s hands during the photo-shoot? Why did he not get up from his chair, say “cheese” and give us a big Daura smile?
- Why was he just sitting there like a stuffed mannequin who really did not know where he was and who he was interacting with?
Below is a screenshot of the full post