Ogun State governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, has charged the newly sworn-in commissioners and Speacial Advisers to be accountable to the people and not answerable to any godfather, groups.
The governor stated this at the inauguration of 19 commissioners and 16 Special Advisers, held on Friday, at the June 12 Cultural Centre, Kuto, Abeokuta.
The governor in his speech explained that the delay in the constitution of his cabinet was borne out of his administration’s desire to bring the best hands, and “game-changers” on board.
Abiodun said that each of the appointees’ performance would be measured by successful implementations of his administration’s programmes.
He urged them to be ambassadors of inclusiveness, justice, fairness and equity.
His words: “Let me say that your appointment comes at a very important period in the history of our dear State. Some have insinuated the appointment of members of the State Executive Council is late.
“Nevertheless, to procure the very best, that is, game-changers who believe in our all-hands-on-deck-approach, team players who will make an impact, one must consult widely. We have thus made sure that the best hands emerged.
“I must also state that no individual or group is solely responsible for your emergence. You are therefore not answerable to any one individual, group or godfather. You are accountable to the people who must be at the centre of your work at every point in time.”
The new commissioners and their portfolios are as follows:
1. Hon. Afolabi Afuape- Local
Government and Chieftaincy Affairs
2. Hon Tunji Akinosi – Forestry
3. Prof. Sidi Osho- Education, Science
4. Dr Adeola Odedina- Agriculture
5. Mr Olaolu Olabimtan- Budget and
6. Barr. Gbolahan Adeniran- Justice
7. Dr Tomi Coker- Health
8. Barr. Femi Ogunbanwo- Special Duties
9. Tunji Odunlami- Urban and Physical
10. Hon. Abiodun Abudu-Balogun-
11. Mrs Kikelomo Longe- Commerce and
12. Mr Dapo Okubadejo- Finance
13. Hon. Oludotun Taiwo- Rural
14. Hon. Ganiyu Hamzat- Community
Development and Cooperatives
15. Mrs Funmi Efuwape- Women Affairs
16. Mr Kehinde Oluwadare- Youth and
17. Mr Jamiu Omoniyi- Housing
18. Mr Toyin Taiwo- Tourism
19. Mr Ade Akinsanya- Works and