Former governor of Edo State, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, has been confirmed the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) at the party’s National Convention held in Abuja, on Saturday.
He was confirmed shortly after President Muhammadu Buhari arrived the Eagle Square, Abuja, venue of the convention.
No fewer than 6, 800 delegates participated in the exercise.
He replaces the outgoing chairman of the party, John Oyegun, who also hails from Edo State.
Oshiomhole went unopposed after Oyegun, Oserhermen Osunbor, Clement Ebri, and Ibrahim Emokpaire, all stepped down from the race.
In his speech Saturday, Mr Oyegun wished Mr Oshiomhole well as he takes over the reins of the party’s leadership.
Some of the names of those unopposed are:
1. Adams Oshiomhole … National Chairman
2. Ibrahim Masari … National Welfare Secretary
3. Tunde Bello…National Financial Secretary
4. Misbahu L Didi….Representative of the physically challenged
5. Zakari Mohammed….Zonal secretary north central
6. Ibrahim Abdullahi
7. Hassana Abdullahi….Zonal woman leader North Central
8. Nelson Abba….ex-officio North Central
9. Abubabakr Ajiya….Zonal Sec north east
10. Isa Azare….Ex officio North east
11. Tukur Gusau…. Zonal secretary north west
12. Nasiru Haladu….Ex officio North west
13. Mrs Akpabio ….Woman leader South south