The Nigerian government has commenced the process of evacuating her citizens from the Unites States of America.
The Consulate General of Nigeria in New York in a statement signed by Mrs Ninikanwa Okey-Uche, Consul, Information and Community Relations, said it is compiling names of Nigerian nationals requiring emergency evacuation during the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to the Consulate, the purpose of the exercise is to enable the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria provide the necessary assistance to Nigerian nationals in the United States.
– Full name (as it appears on passport)
– Contact details(Tel. No and email)
– Travel Document Status . Valid or Expired Nigerian Passport (Data page) . Valid Nigerian Visa( and proof of Nigerian nationality)
– Current location ( City and State)
– Current Health status in relation to COVID-19
– Reason for Request
” Information received will be compiled and forwarded to the Nigerian government for appropriate action,” Okey-Uche said.
She further stated that as soon as necessary arrangements are made, am concerned individuals would be informed accordingly, adding that the financial implications of the evacuation will be borne by the prospective evacuee.
The Consulate reiterated its advice to Nigerians in the US to keep abreast of host government advisories on COVID-19 through the relevant agencies and stay safe.