The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has filed an application at the Federal High Court, Lagos, seeking an order to seize all properties belonging to a former Niger Delta militant leader, Government Ekpemupolo a.k.a Tompolo.
Recall that last week, the EFCC declared Tompolo wanted after he failed to honour repeated invitations for questioning.
Mr. Ekpemupolo and Patrick Akpobolokemi, the former Director General of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA, are accused of a multibillion naira fraud at the agency.
In a motion ex parte brought before the Federal High Court, Festus Keyamo, the prosecution counsel, prayed for an order to seize Mr. Ekpemupolo’s properties pending his arrest and appearance before the court.
The properties include:
- Property at No. 1 Chief Agbamu Close DDPA Extension Warri (Effurun), Delta State.
- All properties of Mieka Dive Ltd and Mieka Dive Training Institute Ltd situated at No. 77, Lioth Street, ODPA Ugborikoko, Uvwie Local Government Area, Delta State.
- All properties of Global West Vessel Specialist Ltd.
- All properties of Muhaabix Global Services Ltd.
- A River Crew Change Boat named MUHA – 15The property known as “Tompolo Dockyard”, by the end of Enerhen Road, Effurun, Warri.
- The property known as “Tompolo Yard”, at the end of Chevron Clinic Road, next to Next Oil, Edjeba, Warri. The Diving School at Kurutie, at Escravos River.
- The property known as “Tompolo House” at Oporaza Town, opposite the Palace.
- Any other property discovered by the Economic And Financial Crimes Commission, moveable and immoveable, belonging to the 1st Accused person.