Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has said he will be partaking in the February 5 nationwide protest to be led by popular musician, Innocent ‘2face’ Idibia, against the federal government.
The governor who made his plans known via his twitter handle on Monday, January 30, declared his total support to the organizers of the protest, saying enough is enough.
Recall that 2face last week, announced his intention to organize a nationwide protest against the Buhari administration which he said had left too many Nigerians languishing in poverty with little to be hopeful for about the future.
The police said they have been duly informed about the protest and will provide security for all participants, although the government called for patience and understanding among Nigerians.
Meanwhile, the presidency has reacted to plans to organised a nationwide protest led by 2Baba Idibia to complain about the situation of things in the Muhammadu Buhari administration.
Femi Adesina, who is the special adviser to the president on media and publicity spoke on Talk 91.3fm in Lagos described those who are planning the protest as people who supported Goodluck Jonathan’s government and are still pained that he lost.
His words: “This is a country of about 180 million people. It is impossible for 180 million people to think the same way. Yoruba has a saying that is you all sleep and put your head in the same direction, then you are all foolish because you would be breathing in one another’s mouth and lungs. Don’t forget the last election and how it went. Somebody scored 12.5 million votes, another scored about 15 million votes. There are some people who are still in that election mode.”
In a related development, the Senate minority leader, Godswill Akpabio, has disassociated himself from the plan by foremost Nigerian singer, 2Baba, also known as 2Face, to stage a protest on February 5 against the federal government. The media had reported that Mr. Akpabio, who is a former governor of Akwa Ibom state, was sponsoring the planned protest.
But the senator, through a statement issued by his spokesman, Anietie Ekong, said it was laughable that people could try to link him with the planned protest because of the Prado SUV he donated in 2013 as a wedding gift to the singer and his wife, Annie Macaulay who is from Akwa Ibom.