The Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee (LPPC) has approved the elevation of 62 legal practitioners to the rank of senior advocate of Nigeria (SAN).
According to a statement issued by the Chief Registrar of the Supreme Court, Hajo Bello, the decision was reached at the LPPC’s 154th plenary session, held on Thursday.
“The rank of a senior advocate of Nigeria (SAN) is awarded as a mark of excellence to members of the legal profession who have distinguished themselves as advocates and academics.
“The swearing-in ceremony of the 62 legal practitioners is scheduled to take place on Monday, the 21st day of November, 2022,” Bello said.
Among the lawyers to be elevated to the SAN rank is a former Attorney General Commissioner of Justice in Oyo State, Mutalubi Ojo Adebayo, Esq.
Also on the list are three lawyers who handles cases for the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Wahab Shittu, Sylvanus Tahir and Rotimi Oyedepo.
See full list below:
- Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar, Esq.
- Johnson Tarigho Omophe Ugboduma, Esq.
- Lawrence Sunday Oko-Jaja, Esq.
- Christopher Agbomeirhe Sunday Oshomegie, Esq.
- Sanusi Olugbenga Sai’d, Esq.
- Wahab Kunle Shittu, Esq.
- Emmanuel Idemudia Oboh, Esq.
- Diri Said Mohammed, Esq.
- Oladipo Akanmu Tolani, Esq.
- Ayodeji Oyewole Omotoso, Esq
- Chijioke Ogbonna Erondu, Esq.
- Ajoku Kingsley Obinna, Esq.
- Yakubu Maikasuwa, Esq.
- Henry Eshijonam Omu, Esq.
- Dagogo Israel Iboroma, Esq.
- Joseph Ademu Akubo, Esq.
- Gozie Bertrand Obi, Esq.
- Inam Akpadiagha Wilson Esq.
- Abubakar Bature Sulu-Gambari, Esq.
- Abioye Araoye Oloyede Asanike, Esq.
- Sylvanus Tahiru, Esq.
- Bolarinwa Elijah Aidi, Esq.
- Tonye Tombere Jenewari Krukrubo, Esq.
- Aderemi Moshood Bashua, Esq.
- Kolapo Olugbenga Kolade, Esq.
- Samuel Peter Kargbo, Esq.
- Ifeanyichukwu Sylvester Obiakor, Esq.
- Olasoji Olaiya Olowolafe, Esq.
- Mutalubi Ojo Adebayo, Esq.
- Victor Odafe Ogude, Esq.
- Sulayman Olawale Ibrahim, Esq.
- Mumini Ishola Hanafi, Esq.
- Tanko Tanko Ashang, Esq.
- Damian Ohakwe Okoro, Esq.
- Andrew Mwajim Malgwi, Esq.
- Etukwu Onah, Esq.
- Adeboro Lateef Adamson, Esq.
- Bankole Joel Akomolafe, Esq.
- Kelechi Chinedum Obi, Esq.
- Andrew Osemedua Odum, Esq.
- Okoro Okechukwu Edwin, Esq.
- Godson Chukwudi Ugochukwu, Esq.
- Steven Onyechi Ononye, Esq.
- Ikani Kanu Agabi, Esq.
- Mustapha Shaba Ibrahim, Esq.
- Muizudeen Yunus Abdullahi, Esq.
- Magaji Mato Ibrahim, Esq.
- Sunusi Musa, Esq.
- Oladoyin Oluseyi Awoyale, Esq.
- Rotimi Iseoluwa Oyedepo, Esq.
- Chukwudubem Bonaventure Anyigbo, Esq.
- Lukman Oyebanji Fagbemi, Esq.
- Michael Jonathan Numa, Esq
Academic appointees (in order of seniority at the bar)
- Prof. Kathleen Ebelechukwu Okafor
- Prof. Muhammed Taofeeq Abdulrazaq
- Prof. Amokaye Oludayo Gabriel
- Prof. Ismail Adeniyi Olatunbosun
- Prof. Abdullahi Shehu Zuru
- Prof. Joy Ngozi Ezeilo
- Ass/Prof. Theodore Bala Maiyaki
- Prof. Olaide Abass Gbadamosi
- Ass/Prof. Chimezie Kingsley Okorie