Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Sunday Dare has narrated how he was attacked at the palace of Soun of Ogbomoso, Oba Jimoh Oyewunmi on Sunday.
The minister, who is from the town, said in a series of tweets that he was in a meeting with the monarch and some chiefs when aggrieved youths invaded the palace.
Dare said from the way the “intruders” behaved, it was clear that they were not part of the #ENDSARS protest which started late last week.
He added that security operatives from Ibadan and Ilorin were now on ground to protect the town and stop “criminal elements.”
A Twitter user who commented on one of Dare’s tweets said police opened fire on the protesters who converged on the palace over the killing of an #ENDSARS protester on Saturday.
The deceased identified as Isiaka Jimoh was shot dead during the demonstration against brutality and extra- judicial killings.
“Ogbomosho is at War!! The @PoliceNG murdered a resident at yesterday’s protest and still in denial of murder. In pains, residents matched to the palace to protest. 2secs, Naso palace scatter. Even chief chop stone for Head. Ogbomosho is not safe right now!! #ENDSARS, ” the Twitter user wrote.
Another person also wrote: ” THE OYO STATE POLICE COMMAND HAS DECLARED WAR ON PROTESTERS IN OGBOMOSO #EndSARS #EndPoliceBrutality.”
Witnesses said four persons who sustained gunshot injuries are being treated at Bowen University Teaching Hospital in Ogbomoso.