The Federal Government has denied generating a ‘no-fly’ list of youths and persons who participated in the recent #EndSARS protests against police brutality.
The Federal Ministry of Interior disclosed this in a tweet on Tuesday in reaction to a media report by an online medium.
The medium alleged that the Federal Government is collating a no-fly list of Nigerians that energised the #EndSARS protest last month.
Reacting, @MinOfInteriorNG said:“The Ministry of Interior did not, has not and will not generate any no-fly list. Ignore fake news, please!”
Recall that the Nigeria Immigration Service on Monday prevented one of the promoters of the #EndSARS protests, Modupe Odele, from travelling out of the country.
Although the officers did not disclose the reason for their action, it is believed that the action was taken because of her alleged role in the #EndSARS protests.
Odele said she was detained while her passport was seized by the officers and she was made to miss her flight.
The revelation sparked outrage on Twitter, with thousands calling on the authorities to stop harassing her.
A former Minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili, said she has written the National Security Adviser, Babagana Mungono, over the matter.
“Today, I have written to Babagana Mungono, the National Security Adviser of @MBuhari @NGRPresident to immediately retrieve Modupe Odele’s passport from the SSS and publicly apologise for trampling on her freedoms. Maybe they’ll be wise this time. We’ll wait and see,” Ezekwesili tweeted.