Senate President, Bukola Saraki has said that the envelop containing the list of President Muhammadu Buhari’s ministerial nominees will remain sealed till Tuesday, the next plenary session.
A statement released by Saraki’s Special Adviser to the Senate President (Media and Publicity), Yusuph Olaniyonu, reads:
Senate President, Senator Abubakar Bukola Saraki this evening received the list of Ministerial nominees sent to the Senate for screening by President Muhammadu Buhari.
The list was submitted in a sealed envelope by Chief of Staff to the President, Alhaji Abba Kyari and Senator Ita Enang, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Legislative Matters (Senate).
Dr. Saraki has, following the tradition of the Senate, decided that the envelope will remain sealed till Tuesday October 6, when during the plenary sitting of the Upper legislative chamber, it will be opened and the list read to Senators.
According to reports, there are about 21 names on the list, with the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Ibe Kachikwu, being eyed to serve as junior Minister of Petroleum, reporting directly to Buhari who has decided to head the ministry himself.
The following names have been reported to have made #TheList
- Former Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi
- Former Lagos Governor, Babatunde Fashola
- Former Anambra Governor, Chris Ngige
- Former Anambra Governor, Abia State, Ogbonaya Onu,
- Former Ekiti Governor, Kayode Fayemi;
- One time APC governorship flag bearer in Taraba, Aisha Alhassan,
- Amina Mohammed;
- A former commissioner of Ogun State, Kunle Adeosun;
- Malami Abubakar (SAN)
- The Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Ibe Kachikwu
- Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Lai Mohammed
- A former governorship candidate on the platform of the CPC, Adebayo Shittu,
- Yusuf Tuggar – (Bauchi)
- Umaru Abubakar Dembo mni (Kaduna)
- Faruk Adamu Aliyu (Jigawa).