The League of Veteran Journalists (LVJ), Oyo State chapter has elected new crop of executive members to pilot the affairs of the association for the next three years.
The election held on Thursday at the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) Press Centre, Iyaganku, Ibadan.
The LVJ is an association of journalists who had retired from various media houses having spent more than twenty five years in the profession. Scores of them were present at the election on Thursday.
The list of newly elected leaders include:
- Chairman – Mr. Banji Ogundele
- Vice Chairman – Dr. Bayo Busari
- Secretary – Mr. Oluwole Akinloye
- Treasurer – Mr. Segun Omilabu-Ghandi
- Public Relations Officer – Mr. Bisi Bakare
- Financial Secretary – Mr. Isaiah Adefumoe
- Welfare Officer – Mr. Josiah Akintade
The outgoing acting Chairman of the association, Alhaji Layiwola Lawal who said the association was able to fulfil its responsibilities despite the economic downturn, appealed to members to continue in their support for the incoming administration.
The new Chairman, Mr. Banji Ogundele in his inaugural speech thanked members of the association for reposing the confidence in him.
He assured members that all hands would be on deck to move LVJ to an enviable height.