Oyo State Governor, Engr. Seyi Makinde has appointed a Chairman for the Muslim Wing of the Oyo State Pilgrims Welfare Board.
He is Prof. Sayed Hamzah Ayantunde Malik. The appointment is with immediate effect.
About Prof. Malik
Malik is a professor of Arabic Studies, specialising in Arabic Phonetics and Phonology, Arabic Dialectology and Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language at the University of Ibadan.
Prof. Malik had his Bachelors degree and PhD from the University of Ibadan. He currently has 28 Arabic books and 24 journal articles to his credit.
MAJOR CONFERENCES ATTENDED AT WHICH PAPERS WERE PRESENTED:
1) First International Conference on Arabic Language and Literature, International Islamic University, Malaysia, 28-30 November, 2007.
2) International Conference on Islam, Terrorism and African Development, University of Ibadan, 7-10 February, 2006.
3) International Seminar on Religious Curricula in the Muslim World: Challenges and Prospects, International Islamic University, Malaysia, 5-8 September, 2006.
4) Corruption in the Workplace Conference, Johannesburg, South Africa, 15-17 October, 2001.
5) The 8th International Conference of world Assembly of Muslim Youth under the Theme: Muslim Youth and Contemporary Challenges, Amman, Jordan, 20-23 October, 2001.
6) International Conference on Standard Arabic in the 21st century: Linguistic Issues and Challenges, International Islamic University, Malaysia, 24-26 August, 1996.
7) Conference of Experts on Using of Arabic Script in Writing the Languages of Muslim Peoples, Sokoto, Nigeria, 14-21 February, 1993.
8) Assembly of the World Religious, San Francisco, California, USA, 15-21 August, 1990
9) Lagos State University Conference of Languages, Linguistics and Literatures, Lagos, 29 August â€“ 1 September, 1998.
10) Annual Conference of the Nigerian Association of Teachers of Arabic and Islamic Studies, Ilorin, August, 1976.