A mosquito coil fire that broke out in a home in Tundun Tanda in the Hadejia Local Government Area of Jigawa State has killed a set of triplets and their brother.
According to PUNCH, the triplets were identified as Hassan Sule, Hussain Sule, and Muhusin Sule, aged five; their brother was identified as Danladi Sule.
The newspaper reports that the victims’ parents lit a mosquito coil and placed it beside a mattress on which the children slept.
Reports said the coil reportedly burnt out into the mattress, leading to the outbreak of fire.
Their parents also sustained injuries from the fire.
Residents reportedly rallied round the family to put out the fire, without informing men of the state fire service.
The children were rescued with severe burns. They died at the hospital they were rushed to.