The National Examinations Council(NECO), on Friday said it had postponed the 2019 National Common Entrance Examination into unity schools, due to low registration of candidates.
The common entrance, which takes candidates to Junior Secondary School 1, was earlier scheduled for Saturday, April 13, but the council stated that it had now shifted it to April 27, to enable more candidates register for the examination.
The Head of Information and Public Relations division of the examination body, Mr. Azeez Sani, who announced the postponement in a statement, said the total number of registered candidates for the examination currently stood at 70,720.
“The National Examinations Council has postponed the 2019 National Common Entrance Examination into unity schools till April 27. The re-scheduling was to give states with low registration of candidates the opportunity to register for the examination.
“A total of 70,720 candidates have so far registered for the examination. Candidates are advised to download the new examination time table from the council’s website,” he said.