Oyo State Governor, Engr Seyi Makinde on Monday made his assets declaration public, saying it was in fulfillment of a personal promise he made during the elections. He spoke office of the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) in Ibadan
The assets declaration form, marked OYSE/2019/001 contained details of cash at hand, in the bank, landed properties (developed and undeveloped), household items, share and bonds owed by the Governor, his wife, Omini Makinde as well as his companies.
Details of the assets, (as at May 28, 2019) as made public by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Taiwo Adisa, are as follows:
- Cash at hand and in the bank (Naira)- N234, 742,296. 01
- Cash in foreign currency (Dollars) – $30,056.99
- Properties (developed & undeveloped) and household items – N2, 624,800,500(two billion, six hundred and twenty-four million, eight hundred thousand, five hundred Naira
- Properties valued in dollars (developed & undeveloped) and household items – $4,400,000 (four million, four hundred thousand dollars.
- Properties valued in South African Rands, (buildings and household items) – four Million, four hundred and fifty-seven thousand, five hundred and fifty-four South African Rands.
The houses declared by the Governor include:
- Nine buildings in Nigeria
- Two buildings in the United States of America (one of them is described as jointly owned)
- One in South Africa.
The details showed the current value of Makinde’s companies stand at N48, 150,736,889 (forty-eight billion, one hundred and fifty million, seven hundred and thirty-six thousand, eight hundred and eighty-nine Naira), with 33, 730,000 units of shares as at May 28, 2019.
The Governor also has existing Bonds (Eurobond) worth $3, 793, 500 as well as shares, debentures and other securities valued at N120,500,000(One hundred and twenty million, five hundred thousand naira).
List of companies
- Makon Engineering and Technical Services Limited
- Energy Traders and Technical Services Limited
- Makon Oil and Gas Limited
- Makon Group Limited
- Makon Construction Limited
- Makon Power System Limited
The asset declaration form indicated that Governor Makinde’s four companies have additional assets denominated as loan notes including Makon Engineering and Technical Services Limited(N1.7 billion); Makon Power System Limited(N148.4 million); Makon Oil and Gas Limited(N341 million); Energy Traders and Technical Services Limited(N1.159bn) totalling N3.389 billion.
Speaking with newsmen at the CCB office in Ibadan, Makinde said: “I came here to collect the photocopy of the form that I signed in fulfillment of the campaign promise to the people that I will declare my asset publicly and release the document to the public.
“I will encourage all the members of my cabinet to do the same thing but in as much they stay within the ambit of the law, I will encourage them to do the same.”