Tattoos have always been a part of Nigerian society. However, some fans have decided to ink their bodies with images or names of their favourite celebrities; an action they referred to as ‘fan love.’
While the artwork might look beautiful, anyone who goes under the needle for a tattoo goes through excruciating pain and the ink remains on their body permanently.
See celebrities fans have honoured by inking their images or names on various parts of their bodies.
1. Bobrisky: In recent times, fans have shown their love for popular Nigerian cross dresser, Bobrisky, by replicating his pictures or imprinting his name on their body via tattoos. Often, they show the images.
Reacting to one of the fan love, Bobrisky wrote on Instagram, “Damn you guys want me to keep crying. dis is so nice. She wrote my full name and my nickname Bobrisky. @oye.kyme I love you so much. She is not in Nigeria.”
To show his appreciation, Bobrisky rewarded his fans for their show of love with money, all-expense-paid travels, and iPhone gift.
2. Naira Marley: The self-acclaimed president of the Marlian gang, Naira Marley, is one of the few celebrities who have been honoured by his fans as various ‘Marlians’ have trooped to tattoo parlours to ink his name or picture on their body. They often take to their social media accounts to show off their new tattoos.
To show his appreciation for their gesture, the Mafo singer often reposts their pictures and thank them for the kind gesture.
3. Davido: The Fem singer has also enjoyed fan love via tattoos. Recently, a fan tattooed the image of the singer with the faces of his three children on her back. Another fan tattooed the name of the singer and all his songs on his body.
Former BBNaija star, Tacha, had also inked the image of the singer in between her breasts.
The singer has never taken fan love for granted as he often reposts his die-hard fans’ tattoos once it gets his attention.
Also, the singer makes out time to thank any fan who shows him love in that manner.
4. Wizkid: Nigerian singer, Ayodeji Balogun, a.k.a Wizkid, has a lot of dedicated fans and some of them have no problem going through pain for the music star.
For instance, a young man went through the excruciating process of going under the needle to get a huge tattoo of Wizkid’s face on his arm.
The young man’s pain did not go unnoticed as Wizkid was spotted in the fan’s comment section with emojis, expressing his love for the young man. He also reposted the fan’s video on his Instastory channel.
Several other die-hard fans have been under the needle to ink the singer’s name or image on various parts of their body to express their love for the singer.
5. Burna Boy: African Giant also enjoys the privilege of fans inking his image on their body. A male fan once tattooed the singer’s stage name on his arm. Also, a lady tattooed the singer’s face on her lap and inked his name on her chest. She also recorded the whole process and posted it on her social media account.
However, the singer hardly reacts to the show of love by his fans.
6. Nkechi Blessing Sunday: Popular actress, Nkechi Blessing Sunday, recently joined the list as a young lady decided to celebrate her with a tattoo.
The young lady inked ‘NBS to the world’ on her body. She posted the picture on her social media account and further revealed why she was celebrating the actress.
As the actress caught wind of her die-hard fan’s action, at first she disowned her via her Instagram page saying, “Na the new trend be this? Aunty Oyinda I just hope those ain’t permanent tattoo. Cus OYO Le wa oooo. me sef Dey find who to draw wey go dash me small thing. I love you ooo but you ain’t getting more than this very post I no Dey claim wetin I no be. IRE ooooo.”
She later took down the post and apologized to her fan for humiliating her. The actress pleaded with the young lady, asking her to forgive her.
She said, “It takes a lot of courage to say SORRY publicly, But I NBS have always preached LOVE, showed loved the little way I can. I wonder why no one Read the part I said I Love Oyinda the lady that drew my initials on her arm.
“I might have acted wrongly, and for that reason, I say I am deeply SORRY!!! First I tot it was a Fake tattoo to get my attention and probably send money like the Trend going on now, then on the oda hand, I felt**Why Would anyone decide to show me this level of love by tattooing my initials on their body, Like Who am I?”
7. Ka3na: BBnaija star, Ka3na, also joined the league of celebrities honoured by fans with a tattoo shortly after she tweeted that she will like it if her fans could do so.
A die-hard fan of the TV star took it upon herself to ink her name on her arm. Sadly, her actions literally ended in tears as Ka3na took to her social media to blast the young lady over her action.
In a video, the teary-eyed die-hard fan expressed shock that the reality TV star would lambast her for expressing fan love. She further noted that Ka3na had led her to depression for scolding her as other online users have been sending her insulting messages.
Ka3na’s comment did not go well with other celebrities like Ada Ameh, T-Boss, Kelly Hansome and Yul Edochie, who have openly slammed Ka3na over her insensitive action.