Former Minister of Finance and Cordinating Minister of the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has been listed among 34 world leaders who are have influenced global health care significantly.
Okonjo-Iweala is the board chairperson of GAVI.
According to Fortune Magazine, she and Seth Berkely (GAVI CEO) oversee a public health alliance that has boosted access to vaccines in 73 of the world’s poorest countries, tackling scourges like cholera and cervical cancer.
The Fortune Magazine list also has the following:
- Joe Bidden (Former vice president of US and Leader of the White House Cancer Moonshoot)
- Bill and Melinda Gates/Sue Desmond-Hellmann (Cochairs/CEO, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation)
- Atul Gawande (Surgeon, Writer)
- Nora Volkow (Director, National Institute on Drug Abuse)
- Jonathan Bush (CEO, Athenahealth)
- Sean Duffy (CEO, Omada Health)
- Arianna Huffington (CEO, Thrive Global)