Six months to the Osun state governorship election, the Peoples Democratic Party in the state on Sunday elected new executive team headed by Mr. Soji Adagunodo.
The other faction loyal to Senator Iyiola Omisore boycotted the congress which was held at the Osogbo Township stadium. The congress was monitored by the national officers of the party led by Emmanuel Agbor, who is the Chairman of the Electoral Committee.
Chairman of the Omisore faction, Dr. Bayo Faforiji, has described the congress as another illegalit, just as the faction did two years ago when Adagunodo emerged chairman at a congress
Faforiji said:“It is an illegal congress because it is against the constitution of the PDP. You can see that the whole thing was not monitored by INEC. What that means is that the congress is a futile exercise. “
Some of the notable PDP leaders in the state that attended the congress included a former National Secretary of the PDP, Prof. Wale Oladipo; a former deputy governor, Chief Olusola Obada; a former Minister of Youth Development and Sports, Akinlabi Olasunkanmi; a former National Deputy Chairman, Alhaji Shuaib Oyedokun, and a member of the House of Representatives, Mr. Oluwole Oke.
Also in attendance were a former Secretary to the Osun State Government, Alhaji Fatai Akinbade; Prince Francis Fadahunsi, a former chairman of the party in the state, Alhaji Gani Ola-Oluwa; and a former Speaker of Osun State House of Assembly, Mr. Adejare Bello.
Speaking after his victory, Adagunodo said: “The PDP will by the grace of God provide the much needed rallying point for teachers, civil servants, doctors, farmers, students, pensioners and all the great people of Osun State who have been impoverished by the Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola administration in the last seven and a half years.
“It is highly unimaginable that a governor who inherited an economically viable and socially stable state from the PDP in November 2010 has turned the state into the most heavily indebted state in Nigeria and one with the lowest sustainability index by 2018.
“For members of other political parties who have been indicating interest in joining the PDP but were constrained by the crisis of the last two years, I want to tell you that the siege is now over and our doors are wide open for you to come and join us.”
Below is the list of the new executive members
NAMES OF NEWLY ELECTED EXECUTIVE OF OSUN PDP.
NAME POSITION LOCAL GOVT
(1) Olasoji Adagunodo – Chairman Obokun
(2) Sunday Akanfe Atidade. Vice-Chairman Ede South
(3) Alh Taye Ambali. West Senatorial Chair -Isokan.
(4) Otunba Tunde Abesin .Central Senatorial Chair-Irepodun.
(5) Wale Ojo Power. East Senatorial Chairman -Ife Central.
(6) Prince Bola Ajao. Secretary Ifelodun
(7) Alh Remi Arogundade Fin-Secretary Ife South.
(8) Hon Tunde Adesoye Treasurer Ayedire.
(9) Alalade Emmanuel O Auditor Boripe.
(10) Bamidele Seyi Abiola Youth L Boluwaduro
(11) Omowumi Alice Otunla Woman L Egbedore.
(12)Hon Sunday Bisi Publicity Secretary Ilesa East.
(13) Barr.Tewogbade Taofiq Legal Adviser Iwo.
(14) Hon Olusola Adedokun Organising Sec Olorunda.
(15) Olunloye Adewale Ass- Organizing Irewole.
(16) Isiaq Olaniyan Ass-Fin Sec Osogbo.
(17) Paul Olakunle Ass-Secretary Ejigbo.
(18) Wole Bamgbopa Ass-Treasurer Odo-Otin
(19) Oladosu Babson Sikiru PRO 2 Ede North.
(20) Adepoju Yemi Ass-Sec Ife North.
(21)Barr Dosu Babatunde Ass-Legal Atakumosa West.
(22) Lase Longe Ass-Org Sec Ilesa West.
(23) Fadehan Marcus Ex-Officio Ife East.
(24) Adeyanju Ayoade Ex-Officio Ayedade
(25) Alade Fatai Aderemi Ass-Treasurer Orolu.
(26) Femi Ajiboye Ex-Officio Ifedayo
(27) Agbolade Adebisi Ex-Officio Ila
(28) Sanmi Ogunyemi Ex-Officio Atakumosa East.
(29) Mufutau Buraimoh Ex-Officio Ola-Oluwa.