The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Oyo State has resolved to embrace, adopt and implement the resolution of the National Reconciliation Committee of the party, in order to find a lasting peace to the crisis rocking the the party in the state.
A statement signed on Thursday by the State Publicity Secretary of the party, Dr AbdulAzeez Olatunde, said the communique issued at the end of the extended state executives meeting held on Wednesday at the boardroom of the party secretariat in Oke Ado resolved as follows:
(1) The Report of Thursday, September 10, 2020 meeting with the National Reconciliation Committee of the party was delivered and the state party executives therefore resolved to embrace the returning UNITY FORUM AS WELL AS OTHER AGGRIEVED GROUPS AND INDIVIDUALS as admonished and also resolved to embrace and implementation of the message of the National Reconciliation Committee for the party down the ladder in order to eschew rancour and bitterness and allow peace to reign in the party in Oyo State.
(2) The National Reconciliation Committee was applauded for making it clear that they have NO MANDATE TO DISSOLVE ANY STATE, LOCAL GOVERNMENT OR WARD EXECUTIVE of the party.The extended party executives salute the forthrightness of the committee for coming out clean and clear with its mandate and resolved to follow the terms of resolution of the crisis in its entirety in the overall interest of all.
(3) The executives having been briefed that the party is going to have fresh registration of members, said that it is not targeted at DISSOLVING ANY EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE.
The state party executives pledged its unalloyed cooperation for the success of the registration exercise whenever it commences and also promised to mobilise more members for the awareness of the exercise.
(4) The message of the follow up meeting to the Abuja meeting which was held on Sunday, September 20, 2020 at the Ibadan residence of Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State was overwhelmingly applauded, especially that Governor Fayemi being a member of the National Reconciliation Committee volunteered his house to host the meeting and was praised because of its potential to fast track the quick resolution of the impasse.
(5) The brilliant outcome of the creation of ELDERS ADVISORY COMMITTEE COUNCIL was highly welcomed, moreso since it cuts across the three senatorial zones with three representatives each per senatorial district. The meeting was told that H.E,Otunba Christopher Adebayo Alao Akala will serve as the Chairman of the Committee. The nominated members were overwhelmingly endorsed because they are people of cognitive integrity :
(1)Chief Akin Oke -State Chairman
(2) H.E, Chief Iyiola Oladokun
(3)H.E, Otunba Moses Alake Adeyemo
(1)Sen Ayo Adeseun
(2) Chief Mrs Yinka Adebayo
(3)Engr Idris Adeoye
(2) Prof Taoheed Adedoja
(3) Dr Isiaka Kolawole
The party equally welcome the spelling out of the Elders Advisory Council’s responsibility and also welcome the body and its members as partners in progress for the overall success of the party’s short, medium and long term goals.
(6) The extended party executives endorsed the suggestion and recommendation of the Elders Advisory Council for the RESUMPTION OF WARDS AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT PARTY MEETINGS IMMEDIATELY.
(7) The state extended party Executives also endorsed the suggestion for the commencement of SENATORIAL MEETINGS in the following orders: OYO CENTRAL, OYO NORTH AND OYO SOUTH at dates to be communicated later, after the logistics arrangements are concluded.
(8) The Executives were taken on inspection of the new State Secretariat of the party at Obafemi Awolowo way, which is almost on the verge of being completed.
In attendance at the meeting are the 33 party chairmen from the 33 Local Government Areas and 33 state executives of the party. The meeting was presided over by the state party chairman, Chief Akin Oke.