The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has released a list of properties linked to former Imo State governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, that were marked as being under investigation on Tuesday, Juky 23, 2019.
The EFCC said it’s Enugu Zonal Office marked some properties as a result of the failure of the suspects to honour the Commission’s invitation for questioning on the acquisition of the properties.
Okorocha, who is now a senator, reportedly got a court order restraining the EFCC from inviting or investigating him over the corruption allegations.
The properties include:
- Rochas Foundation College owned by Senator Okoroacha located in the premises of the Imo State Broadcasting Corporation
- East High Academy and East High College, owned by Okorocha’s daughter, Uloma Okorocha-Nwosu
- Dews of Hope Hospital traced to Dr. Paschal Obi, former Principal Secretary to ex-governor Okorocha
- Market Square Super Market
- All-In One Shop
- Royal Spring Palm Hotel and Apartment, a 16 block cum 96 flats and eight bungalow multi-million Naira estate traced to Okorocha’s wife.
The Commission said it did not raid or harassed anyone in the course of marking the properties saying its operatives acted “in line with international best practices, informed the occupants of the facilities in good time, before taking the action.”
It made it clear that the properties were not sealed as reported in the media but simply marked as part of investigations.