Activist and #RevolutionNow convener, Omoyele Sowore, has said some individuals have made billions of naira from the negotiations to put an end to the nationwide #EndSARS protests.
Sowore, who is the Publisher of Sahara Reporters, disclosed this in a tweet on Wednesday while reacting to reports that business leaders and some social media influencers had entered into negotiations.
“I will not be part of any negotiations regarding #ENDSARS, many have entered into these negotiations and come out of the other side becoming billionaires, to them it is a game! The only negotiation I will ever engage in is that of the surrender of our oppressors! #RevolutionNow,” he tweeted.
Activist, Aisha Yesufu, had on Tuesday said that some business leaders, including the Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria(CBN), Godwin Emefiele, held a Zoom meeting with some youth influencers, asking them to put an end to the protests.
She, however, said she told the CBN governor to ask the President Muhammadu Buhari to meet the demands of the protesters instead.
Reports had it that media entrepreneur, Debola Williams, prevailed on the youth leaders to end the protests, an allegation he has since denied.
However, on Wednesday, the Convener of the #EndSARS movement, Segun Awosanya, aka Segalink, complained that the protests had been hijacked.
Thousands of youths across the country have been protesting for the past seven days against the harassment and extra judicial killings perpetrated mainly by the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) unit of the police.
The police authorities have since disbanded the unit and replaced it with Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) unit.
However, the protests have continued with the youths demanding for more reforms.