The Director of the Lagos State Fire Service, Rasak Fadipe has explained that the fire that gutted a part of the studio of the African Independent Television in Lagos on Monday morning was caused by high voltage which affected an air conditioner in the studio.
The fire started at 9am and Fadipe, said his men arrived the scene 15 minutes after it got a call.
He said:“The fire was caused by high voltage. We arrived at the scene at 9.30am and we spent about 15 minutes for active firefighting operations.
“Only the AC was badly damaged as we were able to curtail the spread of the fire. The management of the station had also combated it and they must be commended for having all the fire equipment.”
Fadipe advised residents of the state to be safety conscious, adding that, although the harmattan period was over, the atmosphere is now warm which could also support fire