Nigerians have attacked American news-based television channel, CNN, after it clarified its October 23 report on the number of people that died across the country in the #EndSARS protest.
CNN had in his October 23 report said “at least 56 people have died across Nigeria since the #EndSARS protests began on October 8, with 38 killed across the country on Tuesday, October 20, alone,” and had named human rights group, Amnesty International, as its source.
The cable news network also reported that: “Multiple eyewitnesses and Amnesty International told CNN that at least 12 demonstrators had been shot dead at Lekki toll gate and another site on Tuesday by Army soldiers, who then took the bodies away.”
However, the medium via a post on one of its Twitter handle denied attributing the death toll in the repot to Amnesty International. It also said its tweet of October 23 on the protests did not make it clear that the death toll was for protests across the country.
See CNN tweet below:
But Nigerians in their hundreds have taken to the micro blogging site, Twitter, to call out and criticise the medium over the tweet.
See some of the reactions below: