President Muhammadu Buhari will on Wednesday be in Lagos on a one-day working visit during which he would commission a number of State projects.
The State Ministry of Transportation has thus advised members of the public to be aware that there woukd be traffic diversions on some major roads in order to ensure free flow of traffic during the visit.
The ministy said the presidential visit would hold between 9am and 3pm. It said traffic will be diverted along the following routes:
Mobolaji Bank-Anthony Way (coming from the Presidential Wing of Murtala Mohammed Airport to LASUTH Under Bridge)
- Kodesoh Road
- Obafemi Awolowo Way
- Kudirat Abiola Way
- Ikorodu Road (between Ojota Intersection and Anthony Interchange)
- Oworonshoki-Apapa Expressway (between Anthony and Oshodi Transport Interchange)
- International Airport Road through the Local Wing of the airport to Mobolaji Bank-Anthony Way and back to Obafemi Awolowo Way.
The statement explained that the roads shall be cordoned-off when necessary as some of them were central to the president’s itinerary.
The ministry, therefore, advised motorists to avoid the above-listed roads where necessary and make use of alternative routes of their choice, stressing that where motorists found it unavoidable plying the aforementioned roads, they should cooperate and be patient with traffic managers and security agents who would be on duty.
State projects that will be commissioned by the president include:
- The rehabilitated 10-lane Oshodi-Muritala Muhammed International Airport Road
- The 170-Bed ‘Ayinke House’ (Maternity Hospital)) at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) Ikeja
- The Lagos State Theatre at Oregun, Ikeja
- New 820 Mass Transit Buses
- The multi-level Oshodi Transport Interchange along the Apapa-Oshodi Expressway.