The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has released its zoning arrangement for 2019 general elections and beyond.
By the arrangement, the north apart from getting the position of the presidency will also retain the Senate president seat.
The list comes ahead of the opposition party’s national convention slated for Saturday, May 21 in Port Harcourt, Rivers state.
The zoning arrangement is as follows:
- President North
- Vice President South – East
- Senate President – North
- Deputy Senate President – South West
- Speaker – South South
- Deputy Speaker – North
- Chairman of PDP – South South
- Deputy National Chairman – North
- National legal adviser – South east
- National treasurer – South east
- National youth leader – South east
- National financial secretary – North
- National publicity secretary – North
- National auditor – North
- National women leader – North
- Deputy national secretary – South west
- National organising secretary – South west
The party also proposed that a clause in the guidelines for the 2016 national convention be included so that all those who had served the party during the immediate past tenure of the National Working Committee would not be able to contest for any office in the incoming dispensation.