Yobe State Governor, Ibrahim Gaidam has blamed the abduction of the Dapchi schoolgirls on the withdrawal of security personnel from communities in the state.
Gaidam who addressed journalists on Saturday at the State Government House, alleged that security check points were removed in Dapchi and other communities, few days before the attack.
“There was not any justification whatsoever to withdraw the military from that place, knowing fully well that there is a girls’ school there with about 900 of them and it’s a local government headquarters.
“They withdrew the military personnel last week, which was not even known to us,” he said.
The students were said to have disappeared from their school, Government Girls Science and Technical College Dapchi, in Yobe state, after gunmen suspected to be Boko Haram terrorists invaded the school on Monday.
Governor Gaidam has, however, promised that the government will stop at nothing to ensure the girls are rescued.
He also noted that he had called the attention of the Theatre Commander who has promised to restore the presence of the military personnel to the state.