The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) announced on Sunday that over 200,000 candidates have gained admission into their first choice tertiary institutions, for the 2018/2019 academic session, but said the candidates had up till October 16 to accept or reject the offers.
The Head, Media and Information of JAMB, Fabian Benjamin, in a chat with News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), said the exercise is done through the Central Admission Process (CAP), an automated process to eliminate all human interferences.
His words: “We have so far offered no fewer than 200,000 first choice admissions to candidates.
” To this effect therefore, we are urging candidates to go to our site and check their admission status and those who have been offered such admission should quickly indicate by accepting and printing such offer, as failure to do so will automatically mean the candidate is no longer interested.
“And therefore, the board may see all such offers as rejected and would have no option than to mop them up and give it to other interested candidates.
“Candidates are to accept or reject all offers not later than Oct.16 as that is when all offers of admissions of first choice will close.
“After that, we will commence admission exercise for the second choice of candidates”