By Emmanuel Adeleke
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has said he is not sure if he will be running for president in the 2023 election.
Addressing some of his supporters who stormed his Abuja office on Friday, Jonathan said the political process is ongoing, but that they should “watch out.”
The former president said the country is in need of a president that would carry the youths along.
“You are calling me to come and declare for the next election. I cannot tell you I’m declaring.
“The political process is ongoing, just watch out.
“The key role you must play is to pray that Nigeria gets somebody that carries the young people along, somebody that can also work very hard to see that some of the problems are addressed by the government and I believe collectively, we will work together,” he said.
Leader of the support group, Mayor Samue, had earlier said the country was better when Jonathan was in power.
“We were deceived and brainwashed by those who claimed they could do it in 2015.
“Now, we know better, under Jonathan the minimum wage could buy one or two bags of rice. What do we have today?
“We are begging President Jonathan to forgive us, we have realized our mistakes, we want him back to complete what he started,” Samuel said.