Forbes released its annual list of top 20 highest earning entertainers on Wednesday. For the second year running, Diddy, 46, is on top earning $62 million in the past year followed by Jay Z who earned $53.5 million.
Kanye West, 39, is far behind on the list.
Diddy is not really dropping hits but he remains on top of the money ladder, why? Forbes records shows that his highly diversified investment is responsible. His earnings are derived primarily from a lucrative deal with Diageo’s Ciroc vodka and other non-musical ventures.
According to Forbes, “the same can be said for Jay-Z, No. 2 on the list, who also has not released an album or played many shows this year but continues to earn big from several outside business ventures including; his Roc Nation entertainment company”
See the 2016 Hip-Hop Cash Kings List, and major sources of their income:
- Diddy – $62 million – Ciroc vodka
- Jay Z – $53.5 million – Roc Nation entertainment company, champagne, cognac businesses
- Dr. Dre – $41 million – Apple’s Beats By Dre (high-end headphones company) buyout
- Drake – $38.5 – Music (Sold more records than any hip-hop act over the past year)
- Wiz Khalifa – $24 million – Music ( 70 shows and a six-figure nightly average gross)
- Nicki Minaj – $20.5 million
- Pitbull – $20 million
- Pharrell Williams – $19.5 million
- Kendrick Lamar – $18.5 million
- Birdman – $18 million
- Kanye West – $17.5 million
All earnings are from June 1, 2015 through June 1, 2016, before taxes and fees.