Lagos State Governmen has sealed off the kiddies section of Wonderland, a recreational park in the state, after a yet-to-be identified guest was electrocuted at the event centre.
It was learnt that a teenager who went to enjoy his Christmas holidays at the fun plaza was electrocuted by multiple naked wires around the bouncing circle section of the fun city.
The Director General, Lagos State Safety Commission, Mr Lanre Mojola, disclosed this to journalists after a joint inspection of the park with the Lagos State Task Force team.
“The intervention became imperative to prevent further exposure of attendees particularly kids at the venue to preventable accidents that could lead to injury and fatality,” he said.
Mojola further disclosed that the owner of the event venue, Mr. Ezekiel Adamu, had refused to implement safety measures prescribed by the commission despite several meetings at the onset of the project following an initial safety inspection exercise carried out on the venue to deliberate on safety infractions observed within the facility.
He further stated that it has, however, become urgent and pertinent to shut down the facility until all infractions were corrected to prevent users from further exposure to risk, especially children, and to also ensure that other lined up event were safe for residents of the state.
“No individual or institution is bigger than the state and we will continually ensure the safety of Lagosians as they go about enjoying the festive season,” he added.
Mojola warned facility owners in the state to comply with the safety guidelines on events and urged residents to socialise responsibly.
Leave a Reply