The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has commenced the recruitment of 3,200 officers into the service. It opened up its recruitment website in thw early hours of Wednesday April 17, 2019 and will close it in three weeks.
The Acting Deputy Comptroller-General of Customs in charge of Human Resources Department, Umar Sanusi at a news conference in Abuja explained that 800 would be recruited to fill vacancies in the Support Staff for Superintendent Cadre Category, and 2,400 would fill that of Customs Inspector and Customs Assistant Cadre in the General Duty Categories.
He warned that the application process is free, and so no one should pay any amount of money to any individual regarding the recruitment process.
“We are aware that some criminal elements may want to take advantage of this recruitment to scam desperate job applicants.
“Some of them are reported to be operating illegal sites and portals, collecting various sums of money from applicants.
“I want to reiterate that the portal for this exercise can only be accessed through the official service web site, where no fees will be demanded,” he stressed.
- Be a Nigerian citizen by birth or descent
- ot be less than 1.7 metres in height, for male and 1.64 metres for female.
- Have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 metres, male.
- Be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in Service
- Not be suffering from any form of physical or mental disability
- Be free from any form of financial embarrassment
- Be of good character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offense
- Present a certificate of state of origin signed by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Governments. Certificates endorsed by Liaison officers are unacceptable
- NOTE: Any Certificate Or Qualification Not Declared Or Tendered And Accepted During Application Shall Not Be Acceptable After Recruitment Exercise
You Are Hereby Warned:
You Should Ensure To Submit Documents That Are Required By The Cadre You Are Applying For.(Eg. Don’t Use Bachelor’s Degree For Inspectorate Cadre)
Do Not Submit More Than One Application. You Will Be Disqualified
How to apply
To apply visit: https://vacancy.customs.gov.ng
Sanusi who said that Customs would deploy help desk for applicants to handle complaints, and offer support service, also added that the help desk could be reached through the email address — [email protected], adding that a detailed Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) was also populated on the application portal for further clarification.