The Department of State Service (DSS) has reportedly screened some ministerial nominees for President Muhammadu Buhari.
According to Punch, they include:
- Mr. Festus Odimegwu – A former Managing Director of Nigerian Breweries Limited
- Prof. Pat Utomi – a former presidential candidate
- Olagunsoye Oyinlola – a former Governor of Osun State
- Femi Falana (SAN) – Lawyer and Human Rights activist
- Lt.-Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazu (retd.) – a former Chief of Army,
- Mrs. Ifueko Omoigui-Okaru – Ex-chief executive of the Federal Inland Revenue,
- Mr. Wale Edun – a former Commissioner of Finance in Lagos
- Abubakar Malami (SAN) – a former National Legal Adviser to the defunct Congress for Progressive Change (CPC).
However, Punch reports that none of the people on the list confirmed that they had been screened when contacted by the newspaper on Sunday.
It was gathered that they had been instructed not to leak details of their screening to the media.