President Muhammadu Buhari has declined assent to five bills that were passed and forwarded to him for assent by the National Assembly.
The bills are:
- Ajaokuta Steel Company Completion Fund Bill, 2018
- National Institute of Credit Administration Bill, 2018
- Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency Bill, 2018
- National Housing Fund Bill, 2018
- Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria Bill, 2018.
The President made this known in separate letters addressed to the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, which will be read when Senate resumes plenary next week.
Buhari had on March 20, declined assent to five other bills which are Nigerian Film Corporation Bill, Immigration (Amendment) Bill, Climate Change Bill, Chattered Institute of Pension Practitioners Bill as well as Digital Rights and Freedom Bill.